- About Us
- Fruit & Vegies
- Contact Us
In the interests of health, we've installed hand sanitiser dispensers - there's one just next to the chocolate, on your left as you walk in. It would be great it you could remember to use it every time you come to the co-op (and after you touch anything that might spread germs).
Shopping at Thoughtful Foods is different to shopping at other stores. Instead of buying prepackaged goods, you decide how much you need and weigh and price the item yourself. If ever you are in the shop and not sure what to do, the friendly co-ordinator behind the till will be more than happy to show you how things work and answer any questions.
For those among you who like to be prepared for life's unknowns, here is a step by step guide to shopping with us:
1. We keep recycled jars and bags in the shop for you to use. We also encourage customers to donate their old jars and bags so bring some along to use or donate if you can.
2. Place your jar or bag on the scale at the counter and press 'tare'.
3. Put the 'scale in use' sign on the scale.
4. Have a look around! Scoop any goodies you want into your container with tongs, scoops or spoons provided.
5. Put your container on the scale and type in the per kilogram price. The price for your item will appear.
6. Write down the price for your item on one of the slips of paper provided. Note whether the item includes GST with a ' * '.
7. If you scooped liquids, or anything containing either gluten or peanuts, put your scoop in the sink to be cleaned when you are finished. If you dropped or spilled anything, ask the co-ordinator for a brush or rag to clean it up
8. Repeat for everything you want to buy
9. Take your slip of paper to the co-ordinator at the register and pay
10. Eat, enjoy and be happy knowing that your food didn't cost the earth!
We hope to see you soon!