- About Us
- Fruit & Vegies
- Contact Us
A sweet vegan way to get baking this autumn!Ganache
2 Tbs sunflower oil
¾ cup Peanut Butter
3/8 cup cocoa powder
1 ¾ cups icing sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup raw sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup rice milk
1 ¼ cups baker’s flour
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3/4 cup raw sugar or rapadura
½ c mashed banana + half a large banana for the inside of the cupcakes
2/3 cup non-dairy milk
1/3 cup sunflower oil
2 tsp vanilla essence
1. *Begin with the ganache*: mix the peanut butter and the cocoa
powder, icing sugar and salt in a bowl. Add oil a tablespoon at a time.
2. Once well mixed and smooth (you can add a bit more oil if needed) add sugar, vanilla extract and rice milk.
3. Place mixture in a double boiler (or glass bowl astride a saucepan of boiling water), and stir until completely smooth and even.
4. Cover and pop in the fridge to cool while you cupcake.
5. *Cupcakes:* Preheat the oven to 180 C.
6. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
7. Mix the wet ingredients in a medium bowl until also well combined.
8. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry bowl and mix until well combined.
9. Slice spare half banana into 12 rounds.
10. Fill cupcake liners to approximately 2/3 full with batter and place the banana slice in the centre of the cupcake.
11. Slide into the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes (for mini cupcakes) or 22-25 minutes for larger ones.
12. *Finishing up*: Allow cupcakes to cool before icing.
13. When cool: Ice and eat!